Federation Institution in Australia is a sophisticated, innovative university with a national and worldwide network of campuses that offers high-quality vocational and higher education. FU has a long and illustrious history, dating back to 1870, making it Australia's third-oldest higher education institution. It is Victoria's most prestigious regional university, with a 150-year history of providing high-quality education.
The institution provides approximately 150 courses in a variety of topics, with an emphasis on industry-focused education. Courses are available at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with extra route programmes to assist students in meeting English entry requirements as well as opportunities for professional growth.
In the world's top two percent of universities for education, Federation University is a top performer in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2021, and first in Australia for teaching quality (Good Universities Guide 2021). During class time, students benefit from having one of the smallest average class sizes in the area. The teaching staff is also highly qualified. Their expertise can be effectively conveyed to students of all backgrounds, because they have taught overseas.
Being in Australia and studying there is an enriching and diverse experience. In this vast multicultural country, students have the opportunity to explore the sandy beaches of Australia's southern coast. Three campuses for international students are located near Ballarat and Gippsland, as well as a city campus in Melbourne, which is regularly ranked as one of the world's most liveable cities. As part of Federation University's global footprint, an additional city campus is located in Brisbane, Queensland, and international partner institutions are located in China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia. With around 2,170 international students studying at the university, the university supports about 18,000 full-time students.
Federation University Australia offers a range of study options across its schools.
- School of Arts
- School of Education
- School of Engineering, IT and Physical Sciences
- School of Health
- School of Science, Psychology and Sport
- Federation Business School
The University offers various courses mentioned below:
- Information technology
- Health and life sciences
- Humanities and social sciences
- Nursing and healthcare
- Creative arts
- Application Fee: $0
- Tuition fees (Estimated)-
- Undergraduate: $23.000 - $28.000
- Postgraduate (Coursework): $24.000 - $28.000
- Postgraduate (Research): $35.000 - $40.000
Some of the scholarship awards Federation University grants international students are mentioned below:
1. Global Innovator Scholarship
New overseas students starting undergraduate or postgraduate studies in 2022 are eligible for the university's Global Innovator Scholarship. The scholarship pays 20% of tuition expenses (ranging from AUD 9,000 to AUD 26,000) for the duration of the programme. There is no need to submit a separate application; students will be examined as part of their study application.
2. Global Excellence Scholarship
The Global Excellence scholarship is available to new international students who excel in their studies at Federation University. For the course of their studies, students will receive a 25% tuition fee grant (ranging from AUD 11,000 to AUD 32,500). There is no need to submit a separate application; students will be examined as part of their study application.
3. Accommodation Support Scholarship
International students have the opportunity to apply for accommodation support scholarships, which award AUD 2,000 per semester (total AUD 4,000 per year).
To provide their students with the best learning experience possible, FU have developed a wide range of learning environments ranging from clinical nursing units to innovative science labs:
- The rehabilitation centre is part of a new $16.5 million sports science precinct (Ballarat)
- Building for engineering and science worth $43 million (Ballarat)
- Laboratories for health sciences that are impressive
- Immersive nursing facilities with hospital-level equipment are available.
- IT infrastructure that is cutting-edge
- Teaching and research facilities of the highest calibre
- Modern libraries, studios, and lecture halls are all available.
- Indoor swimming pool/aquatic centre, gymnasium, and tennis courts are among the sporting and leisure facilities available.
Many students discover internship possibilities while studying at Federation University, which is ranked first in Victoria for graduate employment and starting income. The institution collaborates closely with industry experts to ensure that graduates enter the workforce with all of the essential skills and experience to succeed in their chosen fields.