The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is a public institution of higher learning and research in Queensland that was founded in 1994. The Sunshine Coast University College, formerly known as Sunshine Coast University College, began operations in 1996 with 524 students. The school was chartered as a university in 1999, giving it its current moniker. The Regional Universities
Network is a member of the organisation.
The key abilities you'll need in the future workplace are emphasised heavily in USC programmes. You'll learn to communicate effectively, solve problems, and think creatively no matter what you study. Students at USC obtain a high-quality education while also enjoying the laid-back lifestyle that Queensland has to offer. Our students benefit from a welcoming and supportive campus environment, as well as access to highly qualified faculty, one-on-one attention, and cutting-edge technology and facilities. If you want to study abroad for a semester or for your entire degree, USC offers something for you at our five study locations throughout the Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Caboolture, Fraser Coast, and Gympie.
The university's main campus is located in Sippy Downs on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, although it also has campuses in the Fraser Coast and Brisbane. The Sunshine Coast is a location of endless beaches, rich rainforests, and huge hinterlands located in the sunny state of Queensland on Australia's east coast. It is home to the architecturally unique USC Sunshine Coast campus, which is famous for its environmentally sustainable approach and is only a one-hour drive north of the state capital, Brisbane. The school is located on a 100-hectare certified wildlife reserve that is home to natural Australian fauna such as Eastern Grey Kangaroos, reptiles, and birds.
Hervey Bay, Southbank, Gympie, Caboolture, North Lakes, and Noosa are all home to USC campuses. Its new campus was set to open in the Petrie area of Moreton Bay in 2020. It offers two international study centres, one in Melbourne and the other in Sydney, both of which offer a variety of IT and business programmes to overseas students.
Our Sunshine Coast campus covers 247 acres and features cutting-edge learning and visualisation facilities designed to further student achievement.
- The facility has laboratories for science, manufacturing, computer and design, simulated paramedic and nursing labs, nationally-accredited labs for sports science and an interactive digital learning space.
- The facility also features a fine art gallery, fitness facilities, a swimming pool, a 2000-seat stadium, a bookshop, a multicultural prayer hall, a community garden, and several outdoor courts
- Furthermore, there are seven clinics at USC that provide professional medical aid to the community and are accessible to the public.
- Over 100,000 print volumes, 40,000 digital resources, and 600 computer systems are in use at USC's libraries for teaching, learning, and research.
- Healthy food is available at several cafes and eating places on each campus.
- The university also offers an express shuttle service connects several campus and public transportation hubs at USC.
Opportunities abound at USC, whether it's the chance to work in a practical setting or pursue a passion, to be involved in your community or to travel. There are over 100 undergraduate and graduate courses at USC, with the flexibility you need to start working toward your career goals.
USC has eight schools that offer over 120 programmes like,
- Business, IT and tourism
- Creative industries, design and communication
- Engineering and science
- Health, nursing and sports science
- Humanities, psychology and social science
- Law and criminology
Students and Alumni
To instil professional abilities in students, USC offers a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. Approximately 17,842 students are now enrolled at USC in various undergrad, graduate, and doctorate programmes. International students account for around 12% of the entire student population at the university, with 2,981 coming from 80 different countries. USC's academic faculty consists of 420 associates who are masters of their fields and deep learners. A total of 655 people work in the administrative and support staff.
Politicians, actors, businessmen, sportsmen, authors, and artists are among the names on USC's extensive alumni list. Jarrod Bleijie (Australian politician), Brendan Burkett (Paralympic swimmer), Soo Wincci (Entrepreneur, Actress, and Miss World Malaysia 2008), Karen Foxlee (Novelist), Rebecca Creedy (Australian swimmer), and Marayke Jonkers (Paralympic swimmer) are just a few of the university's notable alumni.